FIG Translation is Canada’s foremost French translation and marketing consultant. Established on Montreal’s famed Sherbrooke street, just a few blocks near the bustling downtown area, our firm aims at providing its clients with a true and powerful French voice to support their sales and marketing efforts—a process we like to call “linguistic marketing”. This approach calls on content that won’t just “do the job”, but instead create a real rapport with the target audience.
We are presently looking for a translator/proofreader (general field, EN > FR) for full-time employment.
Are you a freelancer interested in working with FIG Translation?
Do you think you have what it takes to be part of our team?
We invite you to take our translation test.
Less than 10% will qualify for the next step.
Because of our strict selection criteria, our customers know they’re working with the most reliable translation service in the country.
Communicate with us to take the test.
- Translating and/or adapting texts from a variety of domains, complying with the client’s requirements and FIG’s own “secret recipe”
- Researching relevant terminology and various other aspects which will lead to superior-quality translations worthy of the FIG Translation label
- Reviewing translations originating from in-house or freelance colleagues for quality-assurance purposes
- Giving appropriate—and constructive— feedback to the said colleagues
- Becoming a team player alongside the Chief Translator: at FIG, family values are taken—literally—at face value!
What we are looking for:
- Five-year experience in a similar position, ideally in a translation firm or for a private company
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation or relevant field–combined with real-world savvy!
- Adequate knowledge of translation memories/softwares (MemoQ experience a bonus)
- Superior writing skills
- Capacity to assess multiple projects and meet strict (sometimes urgent) deadlines‑real-world stuff, you know!
- Confirmed team player
- Professional order membership an asset
FIG Translation is Canada’s foremost francization consultant, offering its linguistic and marketing expertise to businesses of all kinds and sizes. Based on Montreal’s famed Sherbrooke street—just a few blocks from the city’s downtown area—, our team has what it takes to create your own French voice in order to efficiently support your sales and marketing efforts. We like to call it “linguistic marketing”.
Note : Masculine form is solely used for readability purposes and is in no way discriminatory. You can send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall only communicate with selected applicants.
A skilled manager with a strong grasp of his métier, Jean–Guy Latulippe brings FIG Translation’s clients over 30 years of diversified experience in the fields of communications, marketing, business development and training.