Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
As per the Charter of the French Language (bill 101), French is the official language of Quebec. Meaning that any business operating or wanting to set foot in Quebec must follow specific guidelines about the usage of the French language in their activities. The requirements vary depending on the number of employees in their Quebec-based business.
Companies that employ 50 or more people in Quebec, must complete certification, as per the Charter of French Language regulations regarding the wide usage of French in the workplace. This process leads to obtaining a Francization Certificate that is issued by the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) and is a mandatory requirement to qualify for contracts, subsidies and other programs offered by the Government of Quebec. To learn more, please read about Francization and linguistic policies for businesses in Quebec.
A two-phase approach to obtaining a francization certificate for your business
The approach proposed by FIG Translation aims to ensure that your francization activities are effective by being supported on a solid foundation. The services we provide are typically delivered in two phases:
- Linguistic analysis of your business: You must first do a Linguistic analysis of your business which surveys the current state of the French language usage in all spheres of your business, whether internal or external. The results are sent to the OQLF to determine if your business is eligible to obtain a francization certificate immediately or is required to go through a francization program in order to correct the elements that do not meet the Charter’s requirements. Continue reading…
- Development and implementation of a francization program (if required by the OQLF): The OQLF may ask to develop and implement a francization program. This program must be submitted to the OQLF for approval. Once the program has been approved, you are required to implement it within a timeframe agreed to with the OQLF. Continue reading…
Consulting services: we guide your business
Our knowledge of the Charter of the French Language and the francization process required by the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF), along with our good working relationship with the Office, makes us an effective partner. We can also offer practical solutions to overcome obstacles and successfully integrate the French language into your activities.
Here’s what we can do to help your business obtain its francization certificate:
- Advice on how to conform to Quebec’s language requirements:
- guiding you through each step of the process leading to obtaining the francization certificate
- facilitating relations with the Office québécois de la langue française
- negotiating with the OQLF
- guiding you on specific conformity matters
- providing support to the francization committee of businesses with 100 employees or more in Quebec
- Profitable integration of the French language in your business’ day to day activities. Whether it be:
- understanding how language law requirements apply to your business,
- negotiating specific elements of your francization program with the OQLF
- filling out required forms
- coordinating the francization process of your business, in whole or in part (only available in French)
FIG brings together the skill and expertise to support you at each step of the francization process. With peace of mind, you’ll be able to focus on what you do best: manage your business.